Are you in need of an ESOS audit? Perhaps you want to become energy efficient before next time?
If you’re a business employing 250 staff or more and/or which has a turnover in excess of £38.9m and a balance sheet of £33.4m, you must conduct mandatory energy assessments every 4 years, or risk a profit and reputation damaging fine. The Environment Agency (EA) can impose the fines of up to £50,000 at any time for non-compliance.
ESOS (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) is a mandatory energy assessment scheme. It explicitly applies to large UK organisations that meet the qualification criteria.
IU Energy will –
- Provide a qualified ESOS Assessor to audit your business site(s)
- Create a fast-track data collection process
- Provide expert auditing
- Present genuine ways of improving your energy efficiency
- Ensure your assessment is completed on time and submitted to the Environment Agency
What is a large organisation?
A large organisation or undertaking is –
- Any UK company that either –
- Employs 250 or more people, or
- Has an annual turnover more than 50 million euro (£44,845,000), and an annual balance sheet total more than 43 million Euros (£38,566,700)
- An overseas company with a UK registered establishment which has 250 or more UK employees (paying income tax in the UK)
When is the next deadline?
Audits take place every four years, with the last deadline being on 5th December 2019.
There are several routes for compliance, for example if you’re fully covered by ISO 50001 then you don’t need to carry out ESOS assessments as your business is covered by the ISO standard. It may be a good idea to work towards this standard now.
What else does IU Energy do?
In addition to our ESOS and other energy audit services, we supply competitive fixed term energy contracts, and award-winning energy efficient and renewable energy technology. We have also recovered over £450m in Utility Cost Recovery audits.
“Succession Group has found the ESOS process a great experience and a significant benefit to the business, by increasing our awareness of cost savings potential not only in the way we use our offices but also how we use our vehicles.
We are grateful to IU Energy for their expertise and professionalism. We found them to be knowledgeable and easy to work with and have no hesitation in recommending them.”