Student accommodation operators can make more profit by installing energy efficient and renewable energy technology. In the case of Solar PV, this also presents the opportunity of individual Power Purchase agreements (PPAs) with students.
All residential and commercial properties already need to have an EPC rating of ‘E’ or above – energy efficient and renewable technologies make achieving this a certainty.
IU Energy works with all types of student accommodation operators, from Landlords through to property developers. We help them achieve their carbon reduction goals when building or letting student accommodation.
IU Energy will –
- Assess your property suitability for renewable technologies
- Accurately calculate your savings
- Accurately calculate your ROI
- Provide a fixed cost quote for installation
- Design and plan the installation of your Gas Boiler, Biomass Boiler, Solar PV Panels, Solar Thermal Panels, Batteries, Air Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pump
- Help you apply for Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) where applicable
Property developers: Student accommodation benefits
- Planning Permission obtained more easily from Local Authorities
- Appeal to purchasing Landlords